If you were driving down the road and your vehicle started making odd sounds or wasn’t handling correctly, it would be a safe bet that you need automotive services. The same can be said for your home’s septic system. It is pretty good about giving you some signs that you need septic services. The key is knowing what they are and why you shouldn’t ignore them. Here are some possible signs you need septic services:
- Slow drains- If you have one slow drain, it is likely a clog in that particular drain line. However, if all the drains in your home are slow, it is more likely to be indicative of a septic system issue, and you should call for septic services.
- Soggy or wet yard- Unless it has recently rained pretty hard, you shouldn’t have any wet areas near your septic system. This is a sign of a problem that needs immediate attention, as waste water is not flowing through the system as it should.
- Frequent or severe backups- A toilet can get clogged and back up occasionally without it being due to a serious issue. However, if you are finding more than one toilet is doing that or it is constantly happening, you need septic services. It could be a clogged main drain line, full septic tank, or drain field issue.
- Septic odors- If you notice septic odors in your home or the yard, this can be an early warning sign of a failing system that you shouldn’t ignore.
- You don’t remember your last service visit- Septic inspections should be done annually, and septic pumping and other maintenance completed every three to five years, depending on family size and habits. If you cannot remember the last time you called for septic services, it is probably a good idea to make that a priority to avoid septic repair issues.
If you are noticing any of these issues or just want peace of mind that your septic system is performing as it should, reach out to us at Sewer & Drain Medic. We offer various septic services, including septic inspections, repairs, cleaning, and installation. Call today to learn more.