Septic issues in your home are never what you want. They can be stressful and cause a lot of damage. It is important to know the signs that typically mean you are needing septic repair. Knowing these signs will allow you to quickly get the help that you need to keep your septic system in good working order. Five signs of needing septic repair are:
- Sluggish Draining – If your sinks are draining slowly or your shower is filling up when it should be draining, then you may be needing a septic repair by an experienced professional. We do not recommend using drain cleaners that have harsh chemicals that are bad for your septic system.
- Standing Water – We recommend that you call a professional as soon as you notice pooling water around your drain field. This is a sign of more serious issues that need to be addressed ASAP.
- Sounds – Your toilets shouldn’t talk back to you after you flush them. If you are noticing new and different noises after you flush the toilet, then you are in need of septic repair.
- Smell – The area near your septic tank should never smell bad. If you are noticing a rotten egg smell, then you may have leaking sewage.
- Sewage Backup – You should never have sewage backup in your home. If you are having backup issues, please call a professional immediately.
If you find yourself in need of septic repair, please give us a call at Sewer & Drain Medic. We are experienced, professional, and thorough. We will work hard to get your home and septic system back on track.