The last thing many people want to do when it comes to their septic system is have to think about what problems might be lurking unseen, waiting to wreck havoc on our homes, lawns and overall, our quality of life. It’s true that septic problems aren’t pretty, but what’s also true is that they’re preventable. All it takes to stay out of the thick of a septic emergency is a regular septic inspection performed by a qualified professional.
Our Core Septic Services in Hampstead, Leland & Wilmington, NC
What does a septic inspection entail and why is it considered one of the core septic services in Leland, NC? Take a look at just how comprehensive one can be when it comes to flushing out underlying or unseen problems:
- The first thing any good inspector will do is verify your tank capacity to make sure that it’s at an appropriate level. Those who have gone too long between pumps or who are exceeding their tank’s expected regular capacities will likely be recommended to have their tank pumped proactively, to prevent things like drainfield overflows or effluent backups.
- The septic environment in and of itself is highly important and the focus of many core septic services in Leland, NC, including this one. An inspector will use a camera to probe your tank environment to make sure sludge levels are at the appropriate levels and whether or not there are buildups or debris that need to be addressed.
- Drainfield inspections are the next stop on a comprehensive septic inspection tour. Your septic professional will make sure that your drainfield remains in good, stable condition and that effluent flooding isn’t a prospect. Proper flow rate will also be gauged, to make sure dissemination is happening at an adequate pace.
- Speaking of flow rate, it’s important to have your pumps tested to make sure they’re providing the correct flow rate, to help facilitate an overall smooth septic disposal process! During this process any leaks or blockages will also be uncovered and your septic professional may recommend something like line jetting if there are tree roots present within your plumbing.
- Finally, if you’re dealing with a new property, real estate certification is something that’s highly important. This documentation states the presence of the tank, its location, capacity and anything else that might be pertinent to know so that your property can be properly signed off on for codes and regulations.
It’s amazing just how many facets your septic system has to it and how a single, thorough inspection can address all of these areas to make sure you’re not racing the clock against an impending septic disaster.
Get Peace of Mind – Get a Septic System Inspection
If you can’t remember the last time you had your system inspected or you’ve found yourself dealing with too many septic services in Leland, NC relating to little troubles here and there, it might be time to give a professional a call and get the full picture on your tank for complete peace of mind.
We are New Hanover County’s septic inspection specialists! Call The Sewer & Drain Medic for septic tank and drain line services in Hampstead, Leland and greater Wilmington area.