It doesn’t take a genius to spot plumbing problems when they arise—usually these troublesome issues will make a grand entrance into your home in the form of an overflowing toilet, burst pipe, damaging leak or something else that’s hard to miss, let alone remedy. But how these problems come into play in the first place can be a bit baffling—not every plumbing woe is the result of something you did or didn’t do.
One such plumbing issue that can take a home by storm with little to no warning comes about as the result of cracked drain lines or severely damaged lines. Sewer pipes can be vulnerable based on a number of factors out of your control and it’s not surprising to see cracked or damaged drain lines based on a few common issues:
- Pipe corrosion is commonplace in metal plumbing installations that have experienced years of wear and tear or a lack of maintenance.
- PVC and other plastic plumbing implements can easily crack and break over time due to any number of external variables, including cold temperatures, shifting earth or plant growth.
- Water pressure in and of itself can be responsible for breaks if the pipes that control it are not rated to handle a certain pressure.
Whatever the cause for damaged lines may be, the answer is one in the same: drain line repairs in Wilmington, NC. But, as easy as this solution sounds, it’s definitely something that’s going to need an experienced hand to make it so.
Solutions for drain line repairs in Hampstead & Wilmington
Usually, there are three common ways to deal with a damaged drain line and, depending on the severity of the damage, one solution may be more preferable than another. Take a look at how a septic professional is going to approach your lines:
- Relining: This is the act of giving your pipes a brand new lining to ensure that they’re not subject to breaking down. Generally used when pipe cracks are found but the pipe itself is still salvageable, relining is the quickest and easiest way to stem a problem before it starts.
- Bursting: If you need encompassing drain line repairs in Wilmington, NC, but your pipes are extremely hard to service due to their location underground, bursting may just be the way to go. For this solution, a septic professional will literally pull new piping through your existing damaged piping to serve as a replacement.
- Replacements: If your pipes can be reached without a massive amount of invasive action, a full replacement is likely going to be your best bet when it comes to a new drain line. This will ensure that you’re able to have the damaged lines removed and replaced with materials that are better up to the task in front of them.
Drain line repair is something that you may or may not run into as a homeowner, but it’s always something that’s going to need a professional approach if it does happen to you. If you notice your septic system acting up or your interior plumbing is exhibiting signs that concern you, make sure to have a professional out right away to ensure that your drain lines don’t suffer any more damage than they may already have.
We are the top rated septic service company in Hampstead! Call The Sewer & Drain Medic for septic system services in Hampstead, Leland and greater Wilmington.