When you stop to think about all of the things that may routinely wind up in your sewer system—hair, grease, soap, sand, paper, waste—maybe it doesn’t seem all that surprising that you experience some clogging from time to time.
But, those occasional clogs can turn into a chronic problem over time, and if left untreated, it can lead to major issues with your septic system—potentially even burst pipes, which are time-consuming and costly to repair, as well as disruptive to your day-to-day life. Not to mention the foul odors, unsanitary conditions and potential for embarrassment that accompany a septic backup.
If you’ve been experiencing frequent issues with clogging or sewage backups, it may be time to seriously consider the benefits of high-pressure hydro-jetting in Wilmington, NC. Hydro-jetting uses a jetting nozzle attached to a high-pressure hose, which in turn is connected to a high-pressure water pump. As the water shoots through the nozzle, the speed of the water propels the nozzle forward through the pipe, removing blockages and debris as it proceeds.
Because nothing is left behind, the opportunity for new clogs and blockages to form is greatly decreased, and best of all, no damage is done to your pipes. High-pressure hydro-jetting has a number of other advantages:
- One of the most expensive and inconvenient causes of blockages is the presence of tree roots, which can slowly grow into your pipes. Roots can even grow into un-cracked pipes. Hydro-jetting works with enough power to break down and wash away tree roots, which is substantially easier than other methods of removal.
- Unlike chemical cleaners, hydro-jetting simply uses water. In other words, the harm to the environment and damage to your pipes and personal safety is non-existent.
- Hydro-jetting clears pipes completely. While other methods may make a noticeable difference in the effectiveness of your system in the short term, hydro-jetting actually removes all of the buildup, grime and debris that’s clogging your pipes.
- Having to deal with a full-scale replacement of your septic system presents a major expense that, once it becomes necessary, is impossible to avoid. Along with the financial hit, the accompanying stress will likely be unpleasant. Hydro-jetting will help prevent the onset of problems that can only be solved by replacing your system, at a fraction of the cost. Even having the system totally cleaned every few years will likely save you money.
- One of the most frustrating things about frequent or even occasional clogging is that it’s unexpected, and unlikely to wait for a time that’s convenient for you. A major benefit of hydro-jetting is that it eliminates these unexpected surprises by doing a thorough job.
The Sewer & Drain Medic offers high-pressure hydro-jetting in Wilmington, NC at competitive prices. Before you find yourself in deep trouble with your septic system, contact our experts. We can diagnose the specific problems facing your septic system and offer a range of solutions to have your system running its very best in no time.